- Duration: Full day (From 8:30 am. to 6:30 pm.)
- Starting point: Cusco
- Ending point: Cusco
- Group Size: Max. 6, Avg. 3
- Travel Style: Archaeological and Cultural tour.
- Tour Rating: The Sacred Valey Tour is by far the best way to discover the charm and magic of the Incas.
- Difficult Level: Easy.
- Altitude: 3,400 masl to 3,700 masl (highest point).
- Departure Dates: Daily departures.
- Discover the charm and magic of the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors.
- Visit interesting Archeological Sites along the Tour and learn about the mysteries of the ancient Inca Culture.
- Explore the typical Indian markets and buy your souvenirs at good prices.
- Ideal for couples, group of friends, nature lovers, and for all the family.
- Informative Trip led by a friendly and expert local guide.
- All the entrance tickets are includes.
- Complimentary pickup and drop off from all Cusco hotels.
What you can expect:
The Sacred Valley of the Incas is a beautiful zone besides River Urubamba, the area located at 30 km. away from Cusco City, besides. The Sacred Valley was highly regarded by the Inca, due to its special location, climate and generous and fertile soil. Actually is one of the major tourist destinations of Peru.
Along the tour you will discover the magic and charm of this great valley, learning about the Inca Civilization, you will first head to the ancient Inca City of Pisac, admire its exquisite architectural feats, and after we visit this site we continue for visiting the typical Indian market of Pisac, where we have the opportunity to learn about the customs of their inhabitants and bargain with vendors, then headed to the City of Urubamba, traveling along besides the Vilcanota River, and then 1 hour drive takes you to the majestic Inca site called Ollantaytambo with its enigmatic monoliths weighing as much as 90 tons. From here we continue by car about 1 hour bus ride to Chinchero, where you visit the Inca site with its fascinating Inca building and its beautiful Colonial Church.
We’ll then drive back down to Cusco City, where the tour ends at your Hotel.
Places to visit:
- Pisac Inca site
- Pisac Market
- Ollantaytambo Inca fortress
- Chincheros Inca site, and
- Chinchero Temple.
We will pick you at your Cusco hotel at 8:30 am. to begin this tour. From here you and your tour guide will head by our transport to the north of Cusco City in order to get to Pisac. On the way we will stop at a famous point known as El Mirador, wich is a view point guide will be able to suggest good angles from which you can take photos. From there we will be able to see the whole Sacred Valley with the magical Urubamba River known also as Vilcanota River and gain an insight to the Inca history.
After, we will drive towards the Archaeological site of PISAC. At the ruins you will see and learn about different aspects of Inca culture. You can see amazing works of art in the stone and impressive agricultural terraces in the slope of the mountain. After exploring Pisac ruins, we will drive back to the lower part of the valley to visit the TYPICAL INDIGENOUS MARKET of PISAC, where there is a bustling handicraft market that shouldn’t be missed. At the market you will have free time to walk around and do some bargain hunting.
Afterwards we will meet to continue the trip by our transportation about 40 minutes, until a nice local restaurant where we will enjoy delicious Andean Buffet lunch, specially prepared in base local products (with quinoa, corn, potatoes, Alpaca meat, trout, many vegetables, sauces, ceviche, desserts, cold drinks, etc.).
After lunch we will continue our tour and we will drive during 30 minutes along the Urubamba River towards the town of Ollantaytambo. Once we get OLLANTAYTAMBO, we will visit the incredible Inca site for about 2 hours, where you find terraces, inca buildings, temples and a impressing rocky formation in the mountain representing the Inca god Wiracocha (The Inca main God, Creator of the Universe).
Continuing with the tour we caught the transportation during 50 minutes until Chinchero, which is located on the way back to Cusco, we will visit this picturesque village of CHINCHERO, where we will see another inca remains and you will admire its well preserved Inca walls at its Main Square, and then we will visit the beautiful old Spanish temple with interesting frescoes and colonial paintings, built on the bases of the Inca buildings.
Afterwards, we caught our transportation for about 30 minutes and we’ll drive back down to Cusco to drop off at your Hotel.
- Pick up from your Cusco hotel.
- Professional English speaking Tour Guide.
- All Entrance tickets along the tour.
- An Andean Buffet Lunch at local Restaurant.
- Drop-off in your Cusco hotel.
- Personal gear (please, check what to take list).
- Optional Tips for the travel team (only if you want, at the end of the tour you can give some tips for your tour guide and driver).
What to take
Many people assume that the weather is hot in South America, but in the zone of the higher altitude of the Andes, the temperature can feel quite cold, especially at night. Please, check the next Sacred Valley Tour What to take List and remember that everything is very important for the success of your trip, so we provide you the full list to organize your backpack from now.
- Original Passport
- Student Card, if you are student
- A printed voucher issued for us
- Day pack.
- Water bottle.
- Sun Hat, Sunglasses, Sun block
- A Thermal jacket
- Rain jacket or poncho (From November to March)
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Photo Camera with extra memory cards and batteries.
- Some cash, if you want to buy some souvenirs of your visit
USD $ 90.00 per Adult (Age 14 +)
USD $ 80.00 per Child (Age 4-13)
USD $ 0.00 per Infant (Age 0-3) – For free, travelling with your parents.
IMPORTANT: This tour require minimum of 2 adults.